Saturday, March 2, 2013

Actual Progress

      Firstly, I would like to thank Drew for telling me about the green things. They're called perlites, which help regulate moisture. They would have come in the potting soil, although I stand by my claims that 1) I did not see them in the soil before, and 2) they're not in the pot with plastic wrap. (Not that I'm doubting him.)

      Although the mystery orbs were not, indeed, seed growth, I have found something that is. Say hello to my first definitive sign of progress.


      I didn't deny it yesterday, and I'm not denying it today: I planted many seeds too close to the surface. (There was a little mix-up in the planting process, but it's all good.) I am now glad for this mishap because it allowed me to see the growing process. In the plastic wrap pot, many seeds on the surface have cracked open and sent out whiteish-greenish tails. (They're definitely the seeds this time.) At this rate, I'm on track to be thinning them by the end of next week, and definitely by my next "official" blog post. Progress!

P.S.- I apologize for the quality of the picture, as it was taken through plastic wrap.

1 comment:

  1. Well, although the progress seems to be very slow, I'm glad to see that some progress is showing. However you're dealing with nature hear which isn't something you can't control. You're doing a great job with coping with this type of struggle and I see that you've learned a lot. I also think it's funny that Drew taught you a couple things. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete