Saturday, March 30, 2013

Surprise!

     So... Apparently a week can make a big difference. This was what I saw when I came back from vacation.



     Remember our friends, sawdust and compost? There is now visible growth in all five pots. Honestly, I almost gave up on the ones outside, especially after the control pot started growing when I moved it inside. And I heard there was snow while I was gone? These radishes confuse me. Maybe I should just stay away from them from now on. I think they hated me so much that they didn't want to grow until it was way, way too late. I'm not sure whether to be grateful or annoyed. I'll admit, I'm glad that the gardening methods actually worked, to a degree. I always thought the sawdust method was cool.

     In other news, the stems and leaves of the pebble pot have grown much sturdier and more radish-like (although the snipped off ones didn't grow back), yet there's still no sign of actual radishes. Drew agreed that the radishes aren't getting enough sun and kindly offered to recommend lighting supplies, which I'm afraid I have to decline. At this point, I feel like it would be beating a dead horse. I wanted this to work out, but I can admit defeat.

I suppose I'm just doomed to a life of plant killing.

I accept my title with grace.



P.S.- The Google image results for "plant killer" are surprisingly dissatisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment